- This event has passed.
The Business Sisters Conference
November 3, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm$149
Are you a woman entrepreneur looking to connect with other Eastern Ontario business owners for QUALITY business education and networking?
Then you’ve found your tribe!
Join us for The Business Sisters Conference. No matter what industry you’re in; agriculture, retail, foodservice, MLM… You are welcome here! This is a unique event for all types of women entrepreneurs, from all over Eastern Ontario.
If you’re passionate about your business, and eager to meet other women who operate a business in a small town or rural area, you’ll LOVE Business Sisters.
By attending this event you will walk away with:
- Time & money-savings hacks to help you in your business NOW
- Practical tips to keep you motivated and healthy while managing family & business obligations
- New connections with partners and agencies willing to invest time and money in your success
- Tasty food with lots of gluten-free and vegetarian options, plus a Wine & Cheese Reception
- BONUS: you get to network with other business sisters and create a community!
Here’s the Agenda*: (As of Sept. 30; subject to change without notice)
- 8:oo Registration + Healthy Breakfast
- 8:30 Opening by Host Doreen Ashton Wagner, Host of ForLoveAndBusiness.com & Drumming with Monica Piotrowski, founder of Magical Sacred Circles
- 9:00 Big Picture Talks – TED-Style presentations followed by Q&A
- Asking the Right Questions to GROW Your Business, Rose D’Amato, Senior Account Manager, BDC
- Finding your D.N.A. and the Best Marketing Approach for YOU, with Diana Lidstone, the Entrepreneur’s GPS
- Tell It Like It Is: How Authentic Storytelling Can Shape Your Business, with Chantal Tranchemontagne, Chief Creative Officer, Big Catch Communications
- Why Your Facebook Ads Don’t Work and What To Do About It, with Geneviève Rochon, Primary Strategist, Mobylette Media
- 11:00 Mind & Body Break with Heather Hughes, Renew
- 11:30 Who Are YOU Listening to? Preventing Your Mind from Sabotaging Your Success with Heather Elliott, CEO & Founder, Mindful Change
- 12:15 World Café Lunch + Tradeshow
- 13:30 Don’t be an Ostrich! A frank discussion about surviving hardship, protecting yourself, your family and your business
- Judy Utman, entrepreneur & author of Voices In the Wilderness
- Rosemary Vaughan, Founder & Destination Gift Specialist at GiftRevel
- Leonor De Mello, Agente en assurance de personnes, Desjardins
- Stephanie Gibson, Lawyer, Adams, Sherwood, Swabey & Follon
- 14:15 Mind & Body Break with Heather Hughes, Renew
- 14:45 Lessons Learned – A conversation with Entrepreneurial Trailblazers about overcoming adversity, collaborating and finding success
- Christine Bonneau-O’Neill, Owner, L’Orignal Meat Packing
- Julia Graham, Chef & Founder, The Quirky Carrot
- Estelle Patenaude, President, Impressions Inc.
- Roxanne Rollin, Co-Founder, QuadExpert
- 16:15 Closing Remarks & Draws
- 16:30 Wine & Cheese Reception
Book your ticket at https://forloveandbusiness.com/biz-sis/ or on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/957116207823565/
It will be a sea of old winter iron at the Vankleek Hill Fairgrounds this Sunday (February 12), as the Vintage Snowmobile Rally returns. The event runs from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. at the Vankleek Hill Fairgrounds, located at 92 Main Street West. Admission is $20 per person, including a full breakfast. Admission to […]
Outdoor winter fun in Grenville was delayed for a day over the weekend. The Carnaval de Grenville was originally to be held on Saturday, February 4 but cold temperatures continued and the winter carnival was switched to Sunday, February 5. All day long at Parc Normand-Woodbury beside the Centre Jeunesse Luc-Grondin, there were activities for […]
Lace ‘em up lads and lassies, it’s Great Canadian Kilt Skate time! On Sunday, February 19, celebrate the Scottish heritage of Glengarry, wear your favourite kilt and/or tartan, and enjoy the rink at the Maxville Sports Complex. The Kilt Skate takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Muir’s Scottish Bakery of Maxville will provide […]
Looking to Promote an Event?
For busy organizers who want it all, look no further! With just one purchase, you can get your event featured in The Review’s print and e-editions, added to our online event calendar, AND a share on our wildly popular Facebook page.
Our all-in-one “Advertise Your Event Package” for busy organizers! Get your event noticed!