To increase access to the flu vaccine, the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU) is offering the flu shot at select COVID-19 community vaccination clinics until December 21.
Flu shots will be available on a walk-in, first come, first served basis, to eligible individuals six months and older.
“As the holidays approach and we begin to gather with friends and family, I ask that you remember to do your part to protect not only yourself, but those you will be spending time with this season,” says Dr. Paul Roumeliotis, Medical Officer of Health. “Young children and older adults are especially at risk of severe illness from the flu, and we need to do what we can to help them keep out of hospital. We are working to make it easier for everyone to access the flu shot and protect themselves and others during this difficult flu season.”
Vaccinations will be offered in Prescott-Russell and Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry at the locations and times below:
Walk-in Flu Vaccine Clinic Locations
- Wednesday, December 14, Casselman, EOHU, 872 Principale Street, from 12-2:30 p.m., and 4-6:15 p.m. Flu, COVID-19.
- Friday, December 16, Clarence Creek, Clarence Creek Arena, 418 Lemay Street, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:45 p.m. Flu, COVID-19.
- Tuesday, December 20, Hawkesbury, Robert Hartley Sports Complex, 425 Cartier Boulevard, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:45 p.m. Flu, COVID-19.
- Wednesday, December 21, Alexandria, Glengarry Sports Palace, 170 MacDonald Boulevard, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:45 p.m. Flu, COVID-19
- Wednesday, December 21, Casselman, EOHU, 872 Principale Street, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:45 p.m. Flu, COVID-19.
A full list of EOHU community vaccination clinics offering the flu shot is available at www.EOHU.ca. Before leaving for a clinic, please check the schedule as clinic dates and times are subject to change, and clinics may be added or removed.
Flu shots are also available at participating pharmacies, and health care providers. Please contact them
directly for more information on vaccine availability or to book an appointment. The EOHU also offers flu shots by appointment at its offices to children under 5 years old and their household members. Appointments can be made by calling the EOHU at 613-933-1375 or at 1-800-267-7120 or online at www.EOHU.ca.
For more information, contact the EOHU at 613-933-1375 or at 1-800-267-7120, or visit the EOHU online at www.EOHU.ca.