- At approximately 1 a.m. on May 2, 2019, Ontario Provincial Police officers responded to an apartment unit on Abbott Street for a man in distress.
- Officers entered the residence and spoke with the man who was on the balcony. After an interaction, which included deployment of a conducted energy weapon, the man was apprehended.
- Shortly after, the man went vital signs absent. CPR was performed, and the man began breathing. He was transported to hospital for treatment.
- On May 10, 2019 – while still in hospital – the man was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
The Review presents…Vankleek Hill Summer of Fun!
Great things happen for members of The Review!
Weekly prize draws for our members every Thursday during the month of July!
Use code SUMMERFUNVKH for $10 off your new one-year subscription or renewal!
Join today! Offer expires July 31st, 2019.
There are many ways to subscribe. CLICK HERE to subscribe online (be sure to enter promo code SUMMERFUNVKH). Send an email to [email protected], or call Irene at 1-877-678-3327 ext. 1002. We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- A Review Photo Album: Pics from the Lachute Fair - July 16, 2019
- Scenes from the 2019 Vankleek Hill Food Bank Jamboree - July 16, 2019
- Suspect charged in connection with stabbing at Front Road residence - July 15, 2019