On August 13, construction began on Centre Street in Alexandria, between Main Street South and Bishop Street South to replace a water main. Work crews will be replacing the four-inch iron main with a new six-inch PVC pipe. This will improve the quality and quantity of water for residents served by this main.
Crews will be constructing a temporary overland water main which will be installed during the week of August 13. Construction of the new water line is expected to begin on August 20.
In order to minimize water pressure losses, Water Works staff may be required to enter local residences to hook up a temporary service. The entire project is expected to take five weeks.
For further information, contact Dean McDonald, North Glengarry Environmental Services Manager at Tel. 613-525-3087, or by email at [email protected].
How will you be affected by the upgrades to the water system?
During the construction process taking place in your area, you may notice the following changes:
- Your water may become cloudy or discoloured.
- Your water supply may be interrupted for short periods of time.
- You may experience lower than normal water pressure.
- A boil water advisory may be issued.
Please contact the Water Works Department if your water remains discoloured after running your taps for more than 20 minutes. The Water Works Department can be reached at Tel: 613-525-3087
Latest posts by Submitted (see all)
- More information on the Community Patchwork mural - October 15, 2019
- The Maxville water tower named as a contender in the 2019 Tnemec Tank of the Year Contest - October 14, 2019
- Silent greatness: the tree - October 14, 2019