The Hawkesbury Fire Department investigated a call at the Hawkesbury offices of Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton last week, after a strong burning smell permeated the offices located at 144 Main Street East.
According to Fire Chief Roger Champagne, the origin of the smell was from a rooftop air conditioning unit compressor.
“We accessed the roof using a ladder truck and disconnected the unit. We didn’t encounter any difficulties,” stated Champagne.
Once the situation was under control, specialist technicians took over to resolve the issue. No one was injured.
While you are here, we have a small ask.
More people are reading The Review than ever before — across our many platforms. So far, we have not put up a paywall to limit the stories you can read. We want to keep you in the news loop. But advertising revenues are increasingly going to the big two: you know who they are. If you value The Review’s independent, local community journalism, or you value the many ways we support dozens of community organizations in their endeavours, consider supporting our work. It takes time, effort and professional smarts to stay on top of community news and present well-researched, objective news articles on issues which matter to you.
If you read stories on this website, or you have come here from an Instant Article post on Facebook, think about subscribing. It would be a vote of confidence for the work that we do, and for the future well-being of your community.
Latest posts by Cedrik Bertrand (see all)
- Meo Bicycle and The Blue Corner Flea Market – An exhilarating shopping experience that transcends past, present and future - November 1, 2018
- Sarah Cole Cider tackles Ontario market from new home base in Vankleek Hill - October 16, 2018
- Local company helps the Ottawa Wolves bring the Bingham Cup rugby tournament to Ottawa - October 5, 2018