On September 14, 2023, The Nation Municipality hosted a recognition evening at the new Sports Complex in Limoges to honour the donors who contributed to their million-dollar fundraising campaign.
“Together, we have achieved something truly remarkable. A million-dollar fundraising campaign that has not only met but exceeded our
expectations. This project stands as a testament to our collective need for a space that fosters physical well-being, community engagement, and endless possibilities,” said The Nation Mayor Francis Brière.
One of the highlights of the event was the unveiling of the recognition wall, a lasting tribute to the donors who made the campaign a
The mayor recognized the invaluable support of various sponsors, including:
- The Government of Canada, through FedDev Ontario, which contributed $750,000.
- GFL Environmental with a generous contribution of $250,000.
- Desjardins Group, through the GoodSpark Fund, contributed $150,000.
- The Conseil Scolaire de District Catholique de l’Est Ontarien (CSDCEO), who provided the property
- Gold Sponsors: The Limoges Citizens Committee, The Limoges Recreation Committee, IDEA Architects, and Robert Excavating Inc.
- Silver Sponsors: Groupe Automobile Laplante and McDonald Brothers Construction.
- The contributions of Bronze sponsors were also acknowledged, highlighting the collective effort that propelled the campaign to its remarkable success.
The Nation Gets in Shape Campaign
Launched in November 2021, The Nation Gets in Shape is a million-dollar campaign that raised funds for the NEW Sports Complex in Limoges. Since then, it has not only achieved its financial goals but has also forged stronger community bonds.
A Multipurpose Facility Accessible to All
The Nation’s Sports Complex allows for the practice of various sports and community activities throughout the year. The facilities include two soccer fields, a community hall that can accommodate 150 people and an athletics track. These new spaces are characterized, among other things, by their versatility since the community hall can also be used to hold various events and activities.
Located on a previously vacant property belonging to the École élémentaire catholique Saint-Viateur, The Nation’s Sports Complex is ideally situated near Highway 417 and major population centres such as Ottawa, Cornwall and Montréal. The state-of-the-art facility will host a variety of events year-round, such as youth soccer, seniors’ fitness, wedding receptions and trade shows.