COVID-19 cases keep declining across Québec, and that means the entire Laurentides region, which includes the MRC d’Argenteuil will go to the vigilance level (green level) on the province’s framework of restrictions, as of June 28.
In addition to the reductions in restrictions already planned at the green level, new reductions have been also announced.
Private gatherings and outdoor terraces
- Outdoor gatherings of a maximum of 20 people will be permitted on private property. Also, 20 people may be at the same table on the terraces of restaurants and bars.
- A maximum of 10 people or occupants of three different residences can be together inside private homes.
Cinemas, performance halls and stadiums with assigned seats
- The distance of 1.5 metres between the seats of people who do not reside at the same address can now be calculated laterally, which will increase the number of spectators. Seats must be kept free in the same row between people from different residences, but it will no longer be necessary to free up a space of 1.5 metres in front of and behind people.
Wedding ceremonies and funerals may be held inside the premises. Indoor and outdoor audiences with an audience maximum of 250 people must remain seated (as in assemblies or meetings).
Compliance with health measures remains essential. The decline in active cases, associated with compliance with measures and combined with the excellent participation in vaccination has enabled the region to move to a new level in less than a month.
Other reductions in COVID-19 restrictions will come into force on Friday, June 25 in all regions of Québec.
- Masks and physical distancing will no longer be recommended when people gather in private homes for individual who have received two vaccine doses.
- The resumption of festivals and major outdoor events during which spectators are standing or seated without an assigned seat, with a maximum of 3,500 people allowed on each site, in compliance with certain measures.