The Brownsburg-Chatham fire department invites people to participate in a blood donor clinic being held in memory of Jérémie Paradis. It will take place on Thursday, August 13 between 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Gilles-Lupien Arena located at 200 MacVicar Street in Brownsburg.
Team members from blood supply agency Héma-Québec and the volunteers are hoping to welcome 90 donors.
Each day, 1,000 blood donations are needed in Québec to ensure a level of optimal reserve. Currently, there is a risk of not maintaining a sufficiency in the supply of blood products for the summer season. More than ever, Héma-Québec is asking blood donors to give this summer.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, numerous security measures are deployed at all collection sites to make donating blood a safe experience, including:
- Access controls to collection sites with temperature checks of donors and volunteers before they enter the site
- Disinfection of screens used for the donation qualification questionnaire and of collection beds
- Logistical organization of collections reviewed in order to comply with physical distancing
- Addition of acrylic panels in all collection sites
- wearing a surgical mask, issued by Héma-Québec, are compulsory for all blood donors, throughout the period of their visit to the collection site, as well as for employees and volunteers who must also maintain the physical distance limit of two metres
For more information, we consult the COVID-19 section of the site: https://www.hema-quebec.qc.ca/coronavirus/index.fr.html
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Héma-Québec has changed its practices and anyone who would like to donate blood must make an appointment, by calling 1 800 343-7264 (SANG) or sending an email to [email protected].