The region’s COVID-19 case count rose by one to 179 on Friday, July 31.
On Thursday, an additional case was reported at Maxville Manor, bringing the total to 178 cases.
Dr. Paul Roumeliotis told reporters Thursday that the person in their 60s may have had contact with an infected person while on a camping trip in Quebec.
- Prescott-Russell – 118 cases (101 resolved and 11 deaths)
- SD&G – 36 cases (32 resolved)
- Cornwall – 25 cases (24 resolved)
Outbreak declared in Maxville
During Thursday’s media report, Dr. Roumeliotis said that an outbreak had been declared at Maxville Manor, where an asymptomatic staff member tested positive for the virus as a part of routine testing.
The case was the Eastern Ontario Health Unit region’s 178th case. On Friday, the case count rose to 179 cases.
All staff and residents are being tested at Maxville Manor as a precaution.
As the province safely and gradually reopens, the Ontario government is enhancing case and contact management to quickly test, trace and isolate cases of COVID-19 to stop the spread of the virus and prepare for any potential future waves. These additional measures include a comprehensive case and contact management strategy, Protecting Ontarians through Enhanced Case and Contact Management, and, in partnership with the federal government, a new made-in-Ontario national app called COVID Alert. You can read the full press release here.