On May 27, 2019 Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) began an investigation regarding apparent mail fraud, along with a potential criminal harassment and impersonation investigation.
SD&G OPP have received additional complaints regarding the delivery of unexpected packages containing what appears to be court documents, along with fictitious sexual assault register documents.
The SD&G OPP Crime Unit continued to investigate the matter which resulted with two individuals being arrested on October 10, 2019.
A 42-year-old man from South Glengarry, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
– Criminal Harassment ( three counts)
– Obstruct justice (two counts)
– Fail to Comply with conditions of a recognizance ( two counts)
He was held in custody (bail) and scheduled to appear in Cornwall Court of Justice on October 11, 2019.
A 46-year-old St-Lambert, Quebec woman was arrested and charged with:
– Criminal Harassment ( four counts)
– Make forged document ( two counts)
– Personating peace officer
This accused was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on November 28, 2019.
The SD&G OPP Crime Unit continue to investigate the matter.ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.
3 Months for only 99¢! Click here to join now!
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Funding helps local businesses improve processes, remain competitive - December 6, 2019
- Vankleek Hill businesses can take advantage of Digital Main Street funds; the application deadline is December 31, 2019 - December 6, 2019
- The Golden Circlet: a children’s tale of adventure with charms all its own - December 2, 2019