The Hawkesbury Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), along with members of the Hawkesbury OPP Crime Unit is investigating a report of a theft of rental equipment from a local business in the Town of Hawkesbury.
On February 6, 2019, the rental store reported the theft to the Hawkesbury OPP when the items were not returned. The investigation revealed that a male used false identity card to rent the following items of a total value of over $279,000.00:
- Excavator, Kubota model U35-4G
- Skid Steer, make ASV, model RT50
- Sky Jack platform 8841
- Sky Jack platform SJ7127
- Concrete saw, make Hilti, model DSH700
- Concrete saw, make Husqvarna, model K970
- Vibrating plate, make Weber, model CR8
- Heater, make Tradesman, model K175
On February 7, 2019, the investigation led the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) to execute a Search Warrant in Saint-Roch-De-l’Achigan, Quebec, with the assistance of the Hawkesbury OPP Crime Unit.
The search resulted in the recovery of five stolen Excavators, including the Kubota Excavator stolen in Hawkesbury, for a total value of $300,000. The other four excavators were rented from other stores in the Province of Quebec. All the remaining items described above are still outstanding.
The person of interest is described as:
– Male, approx. 5’11” tall, full beard, between 30 to 40 years-old, French and English speaking, wearing a black construction type jacket with a grey hoodie underneath.
– Black Dodge Ram pickup truck, Heavy Duty with crew cab and dual rear wheels, pulling a flatbed type trailer.
Anyone who has information about the identity or knows the whereabouts of this person of interest, please contact the Hawkesbury O.P.P. at 613-632-2729 or 1-888-310-1122.
If you have any information and wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.