On December 5, 2018 at approximately 1:20pm, Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU)SD&G Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers intercepted a male on Dominion Street South, North Glengarry Township. The stop resulted in the seizure of a quantity of suspected hydromorphone (an opioid made from morphine) from the male.
A 22-year-old North Glengarry man was arrested and is charged with;
– Possession of a Controlled Substance
He was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Alexandria court on January 9, 2019.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.
Traffic stop: man gives false identity, was disqualified driver
On December 4, 2018 at approximately 9:03pm, a Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officer intercepted a vehicle while conducting traffic enforcement on Highway 417, North Glengarry Township. The stop resulted in the male driver providing a false identity. Further investigation revealed the male was in contravention of previous release conditions. The driver was also a disqualified driver.
A 37-year-old Cornwall man was arrested and charged with;
– Fail to comply with probation order ( 5 counts)
– Personation with intent to gain advantage
– Obstruct peace officer
– Drive Disqualified ( 2 counts)
He was held in custody (bail) and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- The Nation violated Municipal Act, but was okay on a few other fronts - September 9, 2019
- Westbound on/off ramps at Highway 417/Highway 34 interchange will be closed for one month starting September 16 - September 6, 2019
- 26-year-old Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts woman missing - September 6, 2019