A fire which broke out at about midnight on July 5 in an abandoned house at 875 Concession 9, in East Hawkesbury completely destroyed the building.
By the time firefighters arrived, the building had collapsed, said East Hawkesbury Fire Chief Dominic Normand. It is likely impossible to determine the cause at this point, said Normand, noting that there was not even electrical service to the two-store house.
Because the Ste-Anne-de-Prescott property is located on the North Glengarry-East Hawkesbury border, it seems that the North Glengarry fire department was dispatched to the scene, but the East Hawkesbury fire department received the call at about 12:30 a.m. on July 6.
Normand said that if suspicious activity has been noted by neighbours in the vicinity, they should contact the Township of East Hawkesbury at 613-674-2170 or the Ontario Provincial Police.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- The Nation violated Municipal Act, but was okay on a few other fronts - September 9, 2019
- Westbound on/off ramps at Highway 417/Highway 34 interchange will be closed for one month starting September 16 - September 6, 2019
- 26-year-old Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts woman missing - September 6, 2019