Local heavy rock outfit Rude Mood recently visited Vankleek Hill’s B-Hive Studios to record its next album.
With the assistance of studio owner Mike Séguin-Lavigne, Rude Mood has recorded a collection of nine energy-filled, delicious rock tracks.
“Back when we first started, we mostly played blues covers. These days, we can’t really call ourselves a blues band,” said Léandre Desrosiers-Ménard, Rude Mood’s lead singer and rhythm guitar.
“These days, we’re all about good ol’ heavy rock ’n’ roll that shakes things up!”
Even though this is the band’s second foray into studio recording, their experience at B-Hive will produce their first original album.
“We’ve been working on it for a year and a half,” said bassist Marie-Pier Titley. “Working with Mike at B-Hive has been great. He’s very patient. It’s so relaxed!”
While the atmosphere in the studio was indeed relaxed, the album promises to be quite the rocker, with heavy, instant classics that are sure to please fans of any legendary great heavy rock ’n’ outfit.
“We don’t really think of Rude Mood and our songs as having a ‘style’,” said drummer Will Laurin. “We shoot each other ideas and develop them. Whatever comes out is what it is. We don’t force anything into a category.”
“Everything is vintage,” adds lead guitarist Jessy Laughren. “It’s rock that comes from the heart. It’s as fun to play as it is to hear.”
Rock fans, be advised: This album will be one to watch out for.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Cedrik Bertrand (see all)
- Meo Bicycle and The Blue Corner Flea Market – An exhilarating shopping experience that transcends past, present and future - November 1, 2018
- Sarah Cole Cider tackles Ontario market from new home base in Vankleek Hill - October 16, 2018
- Local company helps the Ottawa Wolves bring the Bingham Cup rugby tournament to Ottawa - October 5, 2018