Argenteuil Liberal MNA Yves St-Denis has been forced to resign from the Liberal caucus.
His withdrawal is related to St-Denis having sent a sexually-explicit photo from his cellular phone to a Parti Liberal Québec (PLQ) employee in 2014.
St-Denis does not deny having sent the photo, but says that the man receiving fellatio in the photo is not him. He maintains that the explicit image, which shows a man and a woman, is taken from a pornographic film.
Radio-Canada reports that the employee who received the photo had complained about St-Denis to the PLQ in 2014 and again in 2017, with no result.
St-Denis maintains that he and the employee in question routinely had this kind of exchange, or banter. He says this and other complaints about him are because he is the victim of a vendetta related to differences of opinion about issues in his riding.
Other complaints have also been filed with the PLQ regarding St-Denis’ behaviour and remarks.
St-Denis will continue to sit in the National Assembly as an Independent member. He was elected to represent the riding in 2014.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- The Nation violated Municipal Act, but was okay on a few other fronts - September 9, 2019
- Westbound on/off ramps at Highway 417/Highway 34 interchange will be closed for one month starting September 16 - September 6, 2019
- 26-year-old Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts woman missing - September 6, 2019