Guignolée season continues this coming weekend in Grenville and Brownsburg-Chatham.
On Saturday December 3 and Sunday, December 4, Chevaliers de Colomb (Knights of Columbus) Council 3188 in Grenville will be gathering non-perishable food items and cash donations to help those in need. The items and funds collected go to the food banks in Grenville and Calumet. There will be no door-to-door collection.
All donations should be brought to the basement of Église Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs church at 322 rue Principale in Grenville, Centre Paul-Bougie at 414 rue Principale in Calumet, or the Centre Communautaire Campbell, located at 2710 Route 148 in Pointe-au-chêne. Items may be dropped off from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days.
Guignolée in Brownsburg-Chatham December 3
Saturday, December 3 is guignolée day in Brownsburg-Chatham.
The Comité d’aide aux familles défavorisées and town of Brownsburg-Chatham will be going door-to-door between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. collecting donations of food and cash. Volunteers will also be collecting cash donations at selected intersections.
Residents of Pine Hill are invited to bring their donations of food and cash to a collection point being set up by volunteers led by realtor Brigitte Thomas at Restaurant 327 located at 1826, route du Nord (Route 327). Brownsburg-Chatham residents also have until December 20 to bring donations to one of the following drop-off points:
- Town Hall, 300, rue de l’Hôtel-de-Ville, Brownsburg
- Bibliothèque Brownsburg-Chatham library, 200 rue MacVicar Brownsburg
- Centre de Rénovation Pine-Hill Inc. (Home Hardware), 1740 route due Nord (Route 327), Pine Hill
- Brownsburg Curling Club, 241 rue des Érables
- Garage Williams Inc., 248 rue des Érables, Brownsburg
- Chic Choc Animal toilettage, 328 rue Bank, Brownsburg
- Garage Prud’Homme Inc., 43 route du Canton (Route 148)
- Excavation Émile Foucault Inc., 614 route du Canton (Route 148)
- Brownsburg-Chatham Christmas Baskets
Do you need help?
Residents of Brownsburg-Chatham in need of a Christmas basket are invited to call 450-566-5347. Eligibility is assessed during a telephone interview. Following registration, recipients will be assigned an appointment to pick up their Christmas basket at the collection point closest to their residence.
Recipients will need to present proof of residence and ID (with photo) as well as pay the $5 fee (cash only). The distribution of Christmas baskets will take place on Wednesday, December 21, by appointment only.