A Hawkesbury man is facing multiple charges after an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) search of a residence on Regent Street discovered drugs and weapons.
On October 13, 2022, at approximately 2 p.m., the Hawkesbury Detachment’s Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) of the OPP, assisted by the OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) and OPP Canine Unit executed a search warrant at a residence on Regent Street in the Town of Hawkesbury.
Officers seized a quantity of suspected Methylenedioxymethamphetamine, Diazepam, illegal Cannabis and replica firearms.
A 37-year-old man from Hawkesbury has been charged with the following offences under the Controlled Drug and Substance Act (CDSA), the Canadian Criminal Code (CCC) and the Cannabis Act (CA):
– CC 91(2) Unauthorized Possession of Weapon
– CC 88 Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
– CDSA 5(2) Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
– CDSA 5(2) Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking- Other Drugs
– CDSA 5(2) Possession of a Schedule IV substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
– CA 10(2) Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the L’Orignal Court of Justice on November 9, 2022