Deferred from May of this year, a large waste item collection is scheduled for the various wards in Champlain Township during the month of September.
Residents are asked to only place authorized items at the curb, to respect quantities and to stack items neatly. Electronic & electrical equipment will be collected by Recycle-Action the same week as the large items, but on a different day. Please separate electronic and electric equipment from the other household garbage at the curbside.
2022 Large Waste Items Collection Schedule per Ward
Refer to the roads index per ward or to the special collection map for the roads index.
For the area south of Greenlane Road East and West including that section of Provincial Highway 34 to Provincial Highway 417 (including Greenlane Road East and West), items should be placed at the curb between Friday, September 9 and Monday, September 12 before 6 a.m. Pick-up will take place at a specific time between September 12 and September 18, 2022. Note that vehicles will not return to an area if pick-up has already occurred.
What can you leave at the curb for pick-up?
Accepted items include:
- Residential articles (equivalent of four pieces of furniture/appliance)
- Refrigerator coolant (Freon) must be removed and the appliance must be tagged by a licensed contractor
- All compostable material must be in biodegradable bags
- Tree limbs must be bundled and tied together(maximum 2 feet by 6 feet)
- More than five pieces of furniture/appliances
- Refrigerator with Freon
- Construction Waste
- Commercial, industrial, agricultural waste
- Hazardous waste items (corrosive, flammable, poison)
- Broken glass and mirrors
Electronic waste and styrofoam
Old electrical and electronic equipment that are not recycled are dangerous for the environment, the quality of the air, the water and also for the health of people. Protect the environment and bring your items to Recycle Action. It’s free!
In a landfill, styrofoam takes thousands of years to break down. It is therefore better to recycle it.
Where can you bring these items?
1301, Spence avenue
Recycle Action is open from Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Which electrical and electronic equipment are accepted?
CD-ROM drives, computer disk drives, keyboards, mouse, modems, terminals, microcomputers and minicomputers, monitors (CRT, LCD, plasma), personal computers (desktop, laptop, notebook, notepad), personal-hand held computers and printers (printing devices will include copiers, scanners and typewriters)
Fax machines, telephones (physical and accessories) including cellular phones, PDAs and pagers
Televisions (CRT, LCD, plasma, rear projection), audio and video players, cameras, equalizers, (pre)amplifiers, radios, receivers, speakers, tuners, turntables, video players/projectors and video recorders.
A compostable and organic materials collection will take place in Champlain Township between November 7 to November 13, 2022.
- All compostable materials are to be placed at the curbside (or edge of road) beginning on the Monday before 7:00 a.m. No vehicles will return to an area if pick-up has already occurred.
- All branches shall be tied up in bundles no longer than six (6) feet in length and all leaves and grass should be in brown paper bags.
- The collection contractor will not pick up any other bags.
Household hazardous waste collection
Note that a household hazardous waste collection event takes place on Saturday, October 1, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Household hazardous waste are items or objects that are harmful to your health and the environment if they are thrown in the trash or in the sewers. The Township of Champlain collects this hazardous household waste twice a year. It is free. A proof of residence is required.
Hawkesbury Sewage Plant
815 Main Street East,
Hawkesbury, ON K6A 1B5