Canadian Blood Services will be holding a blood donation clinic in Vankleek Hill on Friday, June 17, and registration is now open.
The clinic is being held at the Vankleek Hill Community Centre at 39 Mill Street, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Now – more than ever – every blood donation appointment needs to be filled. Canadian Blood Services notes that every little bit counts and offers a huge thank you in advance to those who will be donating.
Appointments for the clinic in Vankleek Hill can be booked online at the Canadian Blood Services website at blood.ca or by phone at 1-888 2 donate. Participants can take the eligibility quiz and make their appointments online, or by downloading the GiveBlood phone app.
Donors must present at least one of the following forms of identification at the time of donation:
- Government issued ID showing your full name and date of birth
- Canadian Blood Services donor card
- Weight: You must be at least 50 kilograms (110 pounds). First time donors must meet height requirements. Visit blood.ca for additional information.
- You must be at least 17 years of age.
- You must be in general good health and feeling well.
Canadian Blood Services is also looking for regular donors. For more information on how to become a regular donor visit blood.ca .