As a result of the significant growth of Omicron variant cases, the United Counties of Prescott and Russell (UCPR) wish to inform the public that access to its offices will remain restricted until further notice.
In addition to most employees of the UCPR returning to telework, this measure aims to ensure the health and safety of the residents in the region while limiting any potential risk of spreading the virus. As of today, all customers and visitors are asked not to present themselves physically at any UCPR administrative offices. However, most services offered by the UCPR will remain available by appointment, by telephone, or virtually.
Please find below important updates about the various services:
Administrative Office (L’Orignal)
- The UCPR administrative office in L’Orignal is closed, except for emergency cases regarding Ontario Works and Housing Services.
- For general enquiries, please call 1-800-677-6307.
EarlyON Child and Family Centres
- The EarlyON centres in Rockland, Casselman, and Hawkesbury are closed to the public for an undetermined period of time.
- To be kept informed of the latest news about the availability of programs and services, please visit the following Facebook pages regularly:
- For more information, please call 1-866-764-3434 or email [email protected].
- The Ontario Works offices in L’Orignal and Rockland remain closed, but staff members continue to serve customers by telephone or email.
- If you wish to contact the L’Orignal Office, please call 1-800-667-9825 or send an email to [email protected].
- If you wish to contact the Rockland Office, please call 1-866-298-2228, extension 103 or send an email to [email protected].
- The PR Transpo inter-municipal public transit service remains available. However, riders must ensure that they follow public health measures at all times while on board the buses.
Prescott and Russell Residence
- Access to the Prescott and Russell Residence is limited to designated caregivers only.
- For more information, please call 613-632-2755.
- Access to visitors is limited to urgent cases only. Please call in advance to book an appointment.
- At any time, you can make a payment through our secure online payment platform Paymentus or by sending a cheque or a money order.
- For more information, please contact the Provincial Offences Office at 613-675-4661 or 1-800-667-6307.
Emergency Services and Ambulance Bases
- The Emergency Services administrative office in Plantagenet is closed.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing), please call your Healthcare Provider, Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000, or the Eastern Ontario Health Unit at 613-933-1375.
- If you experience severe symptoms of COVID-19 or significant worsening of any chronic disease symptoms, please call 9-1-1.
- All trails of the Larose Forest remain accessible to the public. However, users are required to comply with health restrictions related to outdoor physical activities at all times.
- For all payments related to Early Years Services, Provincial Offences, and Ontario Works, you can securely make your transactions online through Paymentus.
Please note that changes to some services may occur without prior notice. The UCPR will share any further updates through its website and would like to thank the public for their understanding and cooperation.