fbpx

Hawkesbury firefighters at the scene of a fire at a house on Tupper Street on Wednesday, September 8. Photo: Barry Goudreau.

Online fundraiser set up for family after kitchen fire causes damage to home in Hawkesbury

An online fundraiser has been set up to help a Hawkesbury family, after a fire at a duplex home on Tupper Street resulted in substantial smoke and water damage. 

According to Hawkesbury Fire Chief Normand Beauchamp, firefighters received the call at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 8, in regards to a kitchen fire at 462 Tupper Street. Firefighters had the situation under control in 19 minutes. There were no injuries, but damage is estimated at $50,000 and the residents were unable to return home. 

An online fundraiser was set up for Tammy and Justin, the residents of the home. Donations can be made at   https://www.gofundme.com/f/aidez-tammy-et-justin-pour-leurs-maison . 

James Morgan

James Morgan is a freelance contributor. He has worked for several print and broadcast media outlets. James loves the history, natural beauty, and people of eastern Ontario and western Quebec.

jamesmorgan has 1810 posts and counting.See all posts by jamesmorgan

Leave a Reply