The number of active cases of COVID-19 among residents of the MRC d’Argenteuil as of Tuesday, June 8 remained below five. The CISSS des Laurentides regional health authority does not list the exact number of cases if there are less than five across a regional municipality.
As of Tuesday, the number of deaths due to COVID-19 across Argenteuil remained at 24.
Across the Laurentides region of Québec, there was a total of 86 active cases of COVID-19 as of June 8.
COVID-19 vaccination appointments are available to all adults aged 18 and greater in Québec.
Vaccinations are also available to adolescents aged 12 to 17, and to essential workers or individuals with chronic health conditions aged 16 and higher.
Québec residents interested in receiving their second dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine can go designated walk-in vaccination site, according to locations and time slots identified at www.santelaurentides.gouv.qc.ca. Individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Be a minimum age of 45 years old
- Have received a first dose of AstraZeneca or Covishield vaccine for at least eight weeks
- Not to be immunosuppressed.
The Québec department of health and social services reported that 433,720 COVID-19 vaccine doses been administered across the Laurentides territory as of Tuesday, June 8. Across Québec, 6,232,339 vaccine doses had been administered as of Tuesday to residents, including people who were vaccinated outside Québec.
Beginning June 8, Québec residents will be able to re-book their second vaccine dose to a date sooner than originally scheduled. The follow schedule shows which dates people may begin to reschedule:
- June 8: 75 years old and over
- June 9: 70 years old and over
- June 10: 65 years old and over
- June 11: 60 years old and over
- June 14: 55 years old and over
- June 15: 50 years old and over
- June 16: 45 years old and over
- June 17: 40 years old and over
- June 18: 35 years old and over
- June 21: 30 years old and over
- June 22: 25 years old and over
- June 23: 18 years old and over
Vaccinations MUST be made by appointment and can be scheduled by going to QUÉBEC.CA/VACCINCOVID or by calling 1-866-495-5833.
Schools and long-term care facilities
According to the Québec government, there were no schools within MRC d’Argenteuil with any active cases of COVID-19 as of June 8. As of Tuesday, there were no active cases of COVID-19 at long-term care or retirement residences in the MRC d’Argenteuil.
According to the Institut national de santé publique du Québec (INSPQ), there were 2,400 active cases of COVID-19 across Québec as of Tuesday, June 8. There were 149 new cases across Québec on Tuesday.
There were 263 COVID-19 patients in hospital across Québec as of Tuesday, and 60 of those patients were in intensive care.
There had been 11,156 confirmed deaths due to COVID-19 across Québec as of June 8, which was an increase of four deaths from June 7.
Due to the reduction in the number of cases, the entire Laurentides region of Québec is now fully on the orange alert level.
Orange zone restrictions allow the following:
- the reopening of restaurants (maximum per table of two people, accompanied, if applicable, their minor children, or occupants of the same private residence);
- return to class full time students in secondary 3, 4, and 5.
- Reopening of fitness facilities (with a mask or face covering at all times for everyone)
- A maximum of 100 people in places of worship (with the exception of weddings and funerals which are limited to 25 people).