On May 22, 2021 Stormont Dundas and Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police officers with the assistance of OPP Emergency response team responded to a report of domestic situation in North Glengarry Township. Investigation revealed that an adult male accused had caused a disturbance at the location. Further investigation revealed that there were several unauthorized weapons within the location.
A 64-year-old male accused of North Glengarry, Ontario was arrested and is charged with;
– Causing a disturbance – CC Sec 175(1)(d)
– Forcible Entry – CC Sec.72(1)
– Breach of firearm regulation – CC Sec. 16 counts
– Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm CC Sec. 91(1) – two counts
– Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition CC Sec. 92(2)
The name of the accused is being withheld in order to protect the identity of the victim.
The accused was held in custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on May 25, 2021.