Although access to certain services has begun to resume, the United Counties of Prescott and Russell (UCPR) wishes to advise that access to its offices and services continues to be restricted for health and safety reasons related to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Many employees working in the UCPR’s offices continue to work from home, until further notice. As a result, clients and visitors are also being asked not to present themselves on the premises. Please note the updates regarding the following services:
Administrative building (L’Orignal)
- The UCPR Administrative building remains closed for the majority of services, except for emergency cases regarding Ontario Works and Housing Services.
- Following the Ontario government’s plan to reopen child care centres across the province, the UCPR wishes to advise that the emergency child care centres for front-line workers will close on Friday, June 26.
- The Prescott and Russell Licensed Home Child Care Agency will officially open as of Monday, June 22. Parents are asked to contact their child care provider directly for more details.
- The regular child care centres will open individually over the coming weeks, depending on their respective reopening plan.
- For more information, please contact your child care centre directly, or view the latest update on the Province of Ontario’s website.
EarlyON Child and Family Centres
- The EarlyON Centres are closed until further notice.
- All programs offered in the community by the EarlyON Child and Family Centres are cancelled for an undetermined period of time.
- In the meantime, participants are welcome to join the following Facebook groups to keep in touch and participate in virtual activities and services.
- For any questions, please call 613-764-3434 or send an email.
- The Ontario Works offices in L’Orignal and Rockland remain closed, but staff continue to provide services to clients.
Prescott and Russell Residence
- Following the Ontario government’s announcement to gradually resume visits to long-term care homes, the Prescott and Russell Residence is pleased to announce that family and friends of residents will be allowed access to the facility as of Thursday, June 18.
- Please note that long-term care homes are allowed outdoor visits of one person per resident each week. For more information, please read the following procedures established in collaboration with the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
Prescott-Russell Recreational Trail
- The parking lots and access to the Prescott-Russell Recreational Trail were reopened on Friday, May 22. Users should continue to respect the health-related measures regarding physical distancing.
- All trails and parking lots in the Larose Forest are now open.
- The PR Transpo commuter transportation service has been suspended indefinitely, until further notice.
Emergency Services and Ambulance Bases
- For emergencies, do not present yourself at the ambulance bases.
- If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing), please call your healthcare provider, Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000, or the Eastern Ontario Health Unit at 613-933-1375.
Provincial Offences Office
- All Provincial Offences Act matters scheduled from Monday, March 16, 2020, through to and including Friday, July 3, 2020, will be adjourned and rescheduled to a later date. If you have a matter scheduled during this time, you do not need to attend court.
- A notice of your new court date will be sent to you by mail to the address on file with the court. Statutory timelines have been extended, including time to exercise your options on the Offence Notice (ticket).
- Access to the Provincial Offences Office is limited to urgent cases only. Please call in advance to make an appointment.
- For any further questions or information, please contact the Provincial Offences Office at 613-675-4661 or 1-800-667-6307, extension 2700.
Online Secured Payments
- For all payments related to Early Years Services, Provincial Offences, and Ontario Works, you can make your transactions securely online through Paymentus, or send a cheque or money order.
- Visit http://en.prescott-russell.on.ca/services/online_payment.
Economic Development and Tourism
- The UCPR Economic Development and Tourism and the Prescott and Russell Entrepreneurship Centre will act as a resource to guide the region’s entrepreneurs to the various support measures available to counter the negative effects of the COVID-19 epidemic. Visit this website to see the resources and programs available in Ontario.
- The report of the Survey on the effects of COVID-19 on Prescott and Russell businesses is now available on the UCPR’s website.
2020 Property Assessment Update
- The Ontario government has announced that the 2020 Assessment Update has been postponed.
Other messages will follow as updates become available. The UCPR would like to thank the public for its understanding and collaboration during this time.