A 14-year-old Embrun youth has been charged with arson related to a fire that has caused $300,000 in damages.
On October 28, 2019, shortly after 5:30 p.m., Russell County OPP officers responded to a structural fire on Forget Street in Embrun, Ontario.
During the investigation, the officers determined, with the assistance of the Embrun Fire Department, that the fire was purposely started in a bedroom inside the building. The damages are estimated at $300,000.
As a result of the investigation, a 14-year-old youth, from Embrun, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Arson – Disregard for Human Life CC 433(a) and
- Arson – Damage to Property CC 434
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in L’Orignal at a later date.
The identity of the accused cannot be released in order to protect the identity of the victim. The accused is also protected under the terms of the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) due to the age.
3 Months for only 99¢! Click here to join now!
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Funding helps local businesses improve processes, remain competitive - December 6, 2019
- Vankleek Hill businesses can take advantage of Digital Main Street funds; the application deadline is December 31, 2019 - December 6, 2019
- The Golden Circlet: a children’s tale of adventure with charms all its own - December 2, 2019