This year marks the 61st anniversary of the Prescott County Plowing Match. This year’s event takes place at Wandlynn Farm (Craig and Andrew Barton) 450 Stardale Road, Vankleek Hill on Saturday, September 7, 2019.
The entry fee is $10 for non-members of the association.
The day begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
Prizes are as follows: 1st – $50; second – $40; 3rd – $30 and fourth prize, $20.
Class 1 is a Professional Class, featuring a drag plow, or mounted — 12 inch, 2 furrows.
Class 2 is a Professional Class, with a drag plow or mounted plow, 12 inch, three furrows.
Class 3 is for new contestants.
Class 4 is the ladies class.
Class 5 is for the mounted plow, 12 inches and over, four furrows.
Class 6 is the antique tractor class (35 years and over).
Class 7 is the antique hydraulic class.
Class 8 is for horses with a walking plow.
Class 9 is for horses with a sulky plow.
Class 10 is the junior plowing (under 21 years) class.
Class 11 is for the Queen of the Furrows.
1. All competitors of the day’s events should report to the secretary/treasurer by 9 am to confirm their entry and to draw their piece of land. The first six furrows must be done by noon, and plowing must be complete by 3:30 pm.
2. Competitors can compete in one class only.
3. The Association has the right to substitute merchandise in lieu of cash prizes.
4. The whole land will be judged and only consideration will be given where a neighbour’s plowing is crooked, or otherwise below standard.
5. Proof of $2 million liability insurance is required to participate in the event.
6. Proof of a valid Coggins test is required before horses may be unloaded and allowed to compete.
7. All standard OPA rules apply.The two judges are Ross MacGillivray and Raymond St-Denis.
The Grand Champion Award is sponsored by J. U. Leduc Trophy.
The Reserve Champion Award is sponsored by the Prescott County Plowmen’s Association.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Company bogged down in delays, lost applications, but finally: light at the end of the tunnel - November 11, 2019
- Last call: Images from Community Patchwork will be sold off in the spring of 2020 - November 11, 2019
- Hillcrest Funeral Home hosting Christmas remembrance program - November 11, 2019