fbpx

The remains of a storage shed that burned at a building supply business in Hammond. Photo courtesy of Clarence-Rockland Fire Department

Electrical accident causes fire at Hammond business

The cause of a fire at a lumberyard in Hammond on Tuesday was electrical.

Clarence-Rockland Fire Chief Brian Wilson said a dump truck struck an overhead power line which caused a storage shed at J. Lalonde et Fils RONA building supplies to catch fire.

Firefighters responded to the scene at around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon and got the fire under control.  There were no injuries.

Wilson said damage is estimated at $500,000 to $600,000.

The business remains open.


PHOTO CONTEST!

You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!

To enter, follow these simple instructions:

  1.  Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
  2.  Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
  3.  Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview

Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.

Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!

READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.


 


James Morgan

James Morgan is a freelance contributor.He has worked for several print and broadcast media outlets.James loves the history, natural beauty, and people of eastern Ontario and western Quebec.
James Morgan

James Morgan

James Morgan is a freelance contributor. He has worked for several print and broadcast media outlets. James loves the history, natural beauty, and people of eastern Ontario and western Quebec.

jamesmorgan has 478 posts and counting.See all posts by jamesmorgan

Leave a Reply

Cart Item Removed. Undo
  • No products in the cart.