The Sûreté du Québec (SQ) and Québec’s workplace safety agency are investigating a fatal accident in Wentworth.
According to Sergeant Marc Tessier of the SQ, the incident happened at a road construction site at approximately 1:30 p.m. on Thursday when an equipment operator made contact with a power line. He was electrocuted and was later pronounced dead in hospital. The name of the victim has not been released.
Spokesperson Joseé Dussault of the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé, et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST), the workplace health and safety agency, said inspectors are travelling to the site to investigate.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by James Morgan (see all)
- Residents object to resort proposal in Wentworth, call for mayor’s resignation - September 11, 2019
- Ministry of Health officials visit UCPR to discuss ambulance calls outside territory - September 5, 2019
- Flag crosses Canada by Jeep for food banks - September 4, 2019