Glengarry-Prescott-Russell organizations recently received more than $52,000 for local projects, as part of the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP), which meets the needs of seniors by supporting initiatives that help them stay active and involved in their communities.
The Club Fil d’Argent Inc. will receive $19,900 to replace the floor in the club building to make it safer and accessible to seniors. The Club Joie de Vivre Hall will receive $12,384 to repair the foundation, remove carpets, add ceramic floor and do some painting at the building.
The Ottawa Valley Live Steamers and Model Engineers received $4,729 to renew the elevated ties on the railway at the Cumberland Heritage Museum. At St. Andrew’s United Church, stoves and an outdoor patio were purchased to host outreach dinners and safer carpets were install,ed at a cost of $15,207.
Funding for these projects is being provided by the Government of Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP), which fosters social inclusion and engagement of seniors by encouraging them to share their knowledge, skills and experience to stay active and engaged.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- The Nation violated Municipal Act, but was okay on a few other fronts - September 9, 2019
- Westbound on/off ramps at Highway 417/Highway 34 interchange will be closed for one month starting September 16 - September 6, 2019
- 26-year-old Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts woman missing - September 6, 2019