The season of high school graduations and awards recently peaked and a student at École secondaire catholique Le Relais in Alexandria has received an award for her contributions to the school and local francophone community.
Grade 12 graduate Mylène Levert is one of five students across Canada to receive a $2,000 scholarship from the Association des collèges et universités de la francophonie canadienne (ACUFC) and the Fédération de la jeunesse canadienne-française (FJCF).
Recipients have demonstrated involvement in their schools and communities through actions that showed commitment to the influence of francophone communities in Canadian society.
Levert has been a strong promoter of her school and youth engagement in environmental and social justice issues. She has been a regular host of a podcast on various topics as well.
The scholarship application was submitted back in May. Levert said receiving it provides a great source of funding for her post-secondary education plans. She is set to begin studies at Collège La Cité in Ottawa this September for a diploma in public relations.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by James Morgan (see all)
- Residents object to resort proposal in Wentworth, call for mayor’s resignation - September 11, 2019
- Ministry of Health officials visit UCPR to discuss ambulance calls outside territory - September 5, 2019
- Flag crosses Canada by Jeep for food banks - September 4, 2019