There are more trees growing in Brownsburg-Chatham now.
More than 80 young people recently helped plant 240 trees at two locations in the town.
The planting was sponsored by three partner organizations and the municipality as part of Arbre Évolution’s social reforestation program.
Arbre Évolution obtains private funding to support community reforestation projects in Québec.
“Thanks to this program, we were able to take the lead greening our main public park and the approaches to our municipal workshops, ” said Brownsburg-Chatham Mayor Catherine Trickey.
The number of trees Arbre Évolution has planted since last year has increased from 10,000 to more than 30,000.
Students from local schools assisted with the planting. They included 50 students from the École St-Julien alternative program and 30 younger children from garderie Rêve de Caillette. Approximately 15 adult volunteers, including representatives from Yogang and Femmessor also participated in the planting.
“We are very happy with the progress of the activity and the positive impact of these new trees on our landscape!” said Trickey.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by James Morgan (see all)
- Residents object to resort proposal in Wentworth, call for mayor’s resignation - September 11, 2019
- Ministry of Health officials visit UCPR to discuss ambulance calls outside territory - September 5, 2019
- Flag crosses Canada by Jeep for food banks - September 4, 2019