On May 27, 2019, Stormont Dundas and Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) began an investigation regarding apparent mail fraud, along with a potential criminal harassment and impersonation investigation.
SD&G OPP have received additional complaints regarding the delivery of unexpected packages containing, what appears to be, court documents along with fictitious sexual assault register documents.
On June 13, 2019, SD&G OPP Crime Unit, Emergency Response Team (ERT) and SD&G OPP officers executed a Criminal Code Search Warrant at a property on County Road 2, South Glengarry Township.
A 41-year-old man from South Glengarry, Ontario, was arrested and charged with;
– Criminal Harassment (two counts)
– Make Forged Document (two counts)
– Personating Peace Officer
– Careless storage of a firearm, weapon or prohibited device or ammunition
He was held in custody (bail) and scheduled to appear in Cornwall, Ontario Court of Justice on June 14, 2019.
The SD&G OPP Crime Unit continue to investigate the matter.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE OR ANY CRIME IS ASKED TO CALL SD&G OPP AT 1-888-310-1122 OR CRIME STOPPERS AT 1-800-222-8477.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Modifying your vehicle? Make sure to follow the rules, say police - August 21, 2019
- Défi Desjardins Challenge on September 14 will raise funds for Valoris Foundation - August 20, 2019
- Former East Hawkesbury clerk-treasurer facing fraud charges - August 20, 2019