On Thursday May 23, 2019, at 5 p.m., Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) – Russell County Detachment – received a complaint about a suspicious vehicle driven by a male who approached a child walking on St-Andre Road in Embrun, Ontario.
This unknown male driving a black car stopped and backed up to engage in a conversation with the child. The driver rolled down the passenger window and started asking personal questions in French such as “where do you live and if he wanted a ride”.
Assistance is being sought from the public in helping to identify him, and/or the vehicle with the following description:
The male is described as:
- Caucasian male
- Pale complexion
- Approximately 48 to 60 years old
- French speaking with no accent
- Brown eyes
- Dark brown or black short and cone hair
- Wearing a black tuxedo with a tie
- Gold Rolex style watch
The vehicle is described as:
- Black car
- Possibly a Chrysler 200
- Lots of chrome trim
Police invite parents to discuss and review the “Stranger Danger” tips with their children, for information and tips please visit www.protectchildren.ca
If you or anyone you know are aware of this male’s identity or have any further information about this incident, you are asked to contact the Russell County OPP at 613-443-4499 or OPP Communication Centre at 1-888-310-1122.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Man facing life-threatening injuries after vehicle rollover - August 23, 2019
- Modifying your vehicle? Make sure to follow the rules, say police - August 21, 2019
- Défi Desjardins Challenge on September 14 will raise funds for Valoris Foundation - August 20, 2019