As Champlain Township’s Parks and Recreation Department moves forward into spring and summer, it wants to keep offering ways to stay active in Champlain. The township’s “Be More Active” fitness classes will resume in the fall, however the township is now at work to open the L’Orignal beach, its parks, the L’Orignal Campground, the L’Orignal Marina, tennis courts, the BMX Park and baseball facilities and is encouraging you to take advantage of all these great amenities.
Champlain Township says it will continue to support and promote health and fitness in the community by organizing and supporting events that can help entertain your friends and family and encourage them as well, to be more active this summer.
To do this, the township parks and recreation department has created a summer check list of activities to add to your calendar;
- Enjoy a walk or bike ride on the 72KM Prescott- Russel Recreational Trail
- Champlain Summer Day Camp in Vankleek Hill will keep the kids moving and smiling
- Vankleek Hill Sports Club – Organization that offers minor sports in the evenings
- Spend a weekend at the L’Orignal Campground with beach and L’Orignal Marina access
- Relax, breath and enjoy Yoga on the beach in L’Orignal
- Softball Tournament in Vankleek Hill at Mill Street Park– June 29!
- Join us for Canada Day- family festivities in the L’Orignal Park – July 1
- Challenge yourself to “ La Baie Run”- 1K, 5K or 10K on July 20
- Enjoy a Movie under the Stars with your family in our parks throughout the summer
- Picnic in one of the municipality’s eight parks
- And so much more….
You can find out more about these activities on the township’s event calendar at www.champlain.ca or stay up to date when you follow “canton de champlain township” on Facebook.