Between January 31 and March 13, 2019, officers from the Russell County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Crime Unit arrested four males from the same family on sexual related offenses. Alleged incidents date to between 1974 and 1991.
The Russell County OPP Crime Unit has continued its investigation, which lead to the arrest of two more accused.
A 57 year-old male from Montague Township, Ontario was charged with:
• Young Person Charged (YPC) Indecent Assault on Male CC 156;
• Indecent Assault on Male CC 156;
• Gross Indecency CC 157 (Two counts);
• Sexual Assault CC 246.1 and
• YPC Gross Indecency CC 157
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in L’Orignal on April 25, 2019.
A 58 year-old male from Quyon, Quebec was charged with:
• Indecent Assault on a Male CC 156;
• Acts of Gross Indecency CC 157 (Two counts);
• Sexual Assault CC 246.1;
• YPC Indecent Assault on a Male CC 156 and
• YPC Acts of Gross Indecency CC 157
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in L’Orignal on May 9 and 15, 2019.
The identities of the accused cannot be released in order to protect the identities of the victims. Some of the accused are also protected under the terms of the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) due to the historic nature of the allegations.
Victims of sexual assault are not alone. If you need support or know someone that does, there are local resources available to help. You can visit the Victim Services of Prescott-Russell at http://svsprescottrussell.ca for assistance. A toll-free call can also be placed to the Assaulted Women’s Helpline at 1-866-863-0511 where your information will remain anonymous and confidential.