A Seniors Symposium will take place in Alexandria on Monday, May 6, 2019.
Championed by Cedarwood Services, a locally-owned support service for seniors, the symposium will bring together local businesses and organizations, with seniors from the community, in order to facilitate public information and discussions on topics relevant to seniors. The Symposium will take place at “Brent’s Place”, at 580 Main Street South in Alexandria (Glengarry Funeral Home) from 12:30 to 5 p.m., and admission will be free of charge for seniors and their caregivers and complimentary refreshments will be served.
Several local and national businesses and organizations have been invited to participate as exhibitors in the symposium. The event will also consist of keynote speakers who have agreed to present and discuss topics of interest. The following speakers have confirmed their participation:
- Nadia Kucherepa, MD, CCFP, Chief of Staff at Hôpital Glengarry Memorial Hospital
- Craig Smith, MSW, Elder Mediator/Geriatric Assessor, Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN)
- Susan Desjardins, Ottawa Chapter Chair, Dying with Dignity Canada
- Bill Kerr, IHA Canada Inc. ”Senior’s Village”
For information about this event, contact Alyson Graham at [email protected] or call 613-360-5512.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- Man arrested in connection with mail fraud - June 14, 2019
- Drug warrants executived in Bourget, Alfred and Plantagenet Township - June 13, 2019
- Province launching working group to take a look at compostable packaging materials - June 13, 2019