East Hawkesbury council cost taxpayers $72,570.18 in 2018, according to the statement of remuneration and expenses presented at the council’s regular monthly meeting, which took place on March 25, 2019.
East Hawkesbury Mayor Robert Kirby was paid $13,152.02 in salary, $2,500 in conference allowance and a mileage allowance of $750, for a total of $16,402.02.
Deputy Mayor Richard Sauvé received $10,762.31, councillor Karina Sauvé was paid $10,762.31 and councillor Stéphanie Sabourin received $11,012.31. All three each received $2,500 in conference allowances and collected no mileage costs.
Councillor Simon Rozon was paid $12,470.53 as a salary, received $3,060 in conference allowance and was paid $389.70 in mileage, for a total of $15,920.23.
In all salaries totalled $58,370.48, conference allowances totalled $13,060 and mileage allowances totalled $1,139.70.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Louise Sproule (see all)
- The Nation violated Municipal Act, but was okay on a few other fronts - September 9, 2019
- Westbound on/off ramps at Highway 417/Highway 34 interchange will be closed for one month starting September 16 - September 6, 2019
- 26-year-old Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts woman missing - September 6, 2019