Winners of the Employment Services Centre’s (CSEPR) Job Succession Scholarship were announced on May 23, 2018.
The employers who agreed to participate in the program were also unveiled, with eight winners walking away with the scholarship as well as a future position with the employer they chose.
The Job Succession Scholarship aims at counteracting youth exodus from Prescott and Russell to major urban centres while ensuring a succession for high-demand positions in trades and professions in this region (for more information on this scholarship, see Review article “Educating youth, finding them local jobs thanks to $250,000 injection of funds”, published on January 26, 2018).
A total of ten scholarships\positions were available. Of the ten, eight were filled.
Valoris had three, including one Community Integration Counsellor and two Community Worker positions. The City of Clarence-Rockland had one Client Service Centre Officer position. Deloitte had one Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) position and Hawkesbury and District General Hospital (HGH) had three Registered Nurse positions.
The two positions that remain unfilled are Journalist for Les éditions André Paquette and Estimator for Potvin Construction.
“Thank you for this program that encourages local employers in supporting the training of youth that wish to remain here. We need more programs like this,” stated Hawkesbury Mayor Jeanne Charlebois.
You could win TWO weekend passes, value of $90, to Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Take a photo at our selfie station outside of our offices at 76 Main Street E, then post it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Use hashtag #VKHReviewContest in your post.
- Tag us in your photo! @vkhreview
Be sure to follow @vkhreview on Instagram and Facebook! Contest ends September 16, 2019 at 12 p.m. A random winner will be chosen and announced on our social media pages. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for supporting local, independent community journalism!
READ LOCAL. LOVE LOCAL. PLAY LOCAL.
Latest posts by Cedrik Bertrand (see all)
- Meo Bicycle and The Blue Corner Flea Market – An exhilarating shopping experience that transcends past, present and future - November 1, 2018
- Sarah Cole Cider tackles Ontario market from new home base in Vankleek Hill - October 16, 2018
- Local company helps the Ottawa Wolves bring the Bingham Cup rugby tournament to Ottawa - October 5, 2018