Silos have been selected for the Popsilos project, which will see murals painted on a series of silos in Prescott-Russell. A committee including representatives from the tourism industry, agricultural community, the United Counties of Prescott-Russell and Popsilos co-producers Activar and A’Shop, selected the winning silos, which are:
- The Michel Dignard et Jeannette Mongeon Farm at 591 St-Guillaume Street in Embrun (Russell)
- The Ben-Rey-Mo ltd at 127, Principale Street in St-Albert (The Nation)
- Horses By Hannah at 8 road 600 in Casselman (The Nation)
- The Ouimet Farms Adventure at 63 Main Street West in Vankleek Hill (Champlain)
- The Vankleek Hill Vineyard at 3725 county road 12 in Vankleek Hill (Hawkesbury East)
Many variables such as the surface and location of the silos on site, in relation to other silos and major roadways were taken into account. In the end, five silos among ten submissions were selected. The total surface area to be painted on the selected silos made it possible for a fifth silo to be produced.
The St-Albert Cheese Co-operative has joined the Popsilos project as a “Champion of local” partner. The cooperative will be a stop on the Popsilos circuit where visitors can eat and drink and will feature an outdoor mural.
This project is being funded by a $150,000 Canada 150 grant.
While you are here, we have a small ask.
More people are reading The Review than ever before — across our many platforms. So far, we have not put up a paywall to limit the stories you can read. We want to keep you in the news loop. But advertising revenues are increasingly going to the big two: you know who they are. If you value The Review’s independent, local community journalism, or you value the many ways we support dozens of community organizations in their endeavours, consider supporting our work. It takes time, effort and professional smarts to stay on top of community news and present well-researched, objective news articles on issues which matter to you.
If you read stories on this website, or you have come here from an Instant Article post on Facebook, think about subscribing. It would be a vote of confidence for the work that we do, and for the future well-being of your community.
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Star Gazing – The Gemini Twins - February 4, 2019
- François St-Amour honoured at the 2018 UCPR Warden’s Banquet - November 26, 2018
- Boisés Est workshop October 27 on woodlot management with a First Nations perspective - October 18, 2018