On Sunday, September 25, Ouimet Farms Adventure, Paroisse St-Grégoire-de-Nazianze and Arbor Gallery Cultural Centre unite to mark Franco-Ontarian Day by honoring the Filles du Roy, these mothers of the French-Canadian Nation.

Les Filles du Roy sur la Route Champlain
Until October 16, visitors to Ouimet Farms Adventure can discover the history of the Filles du Roy, these 761 young women endowed by Louis XIV who, between 1663 and 1673, faced the crossing of the Atlantic to come and marry settlers in Nouvelle-France. Having become wives, mothers and farmers, they left an invaluable legacy of culture, customs, beliefs, values and know-how, as well as their beautiful French language.

Les drapeaux des Filles du Roy at Arbor Gallery
Sunday, September 25 will be the last day of the exhibition of the exhibition Drapeaux des Filles du Roy at Arbor Gallery. These flags were created to celebrate the 350th anniversary of the arrival of the last contingent of Filles du Roy, honoring each of them with a flag bearing their name and some important dates and facts. More than 172 of these handcrafted flags are on display.

Schedule for Sunday, September 25:
10 a.m.: Ouimet Farms – opening of the labyrinth. Exhibition on the history of the Filles du Roy inside the barn.
11:00 a.m.: Mass in tribute to French-Canadian families with the choir Les Voix de la Neufve-France (member of the Société d’histoire des Filles du Roy)
1:00 p.m.: Performance by the choir at the Arbor Gallery Cultural Center (free admission)
Gallery opens from noon to 4 p.m. – with a Fille du Roy on site
2:00 p.m.: St-Grégoire Church: conference by Danielle Pinsonneault, president of the Société d’histoire des Filles du Roy – Les Filles du Roy, Mères de la Nation canadienne-française
3:00 p.m.: Ouimet Farms – Gathering of the Filles du Roy and performance of the choir

Formed in 2010, the Société d’histoire des Filles du Roy (SHFR) aims to give them back the place they deserve in the history of the French-Canadian Nation. www.lesfillesduroy-quebec.org

Arbor Gallery Cultural Center is located at 36 Home Avenue in the heart of Vankleek Hill. Open Wednesday to Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. More information on Facebook, at www.arborgallery.org, by subscribing to the newsletter or by email at [email protected]