Information received from the public has led the arrest of a man in Grenville-sur-la-Rouge after police searched and seized drugs at a residence on Route 148.
The search was carried out by the Sûreté du Québec on June 7. A 51-year-old man was arrested and was to appear at the Saint-Jérôme courthouse. The suspect faced charges of possession of narcotics for the purpose of trafficking, firearms offences, driving while prohibited, and tax and tobacco law offences.
The police seized:
- More than 35 grams of cocaine
- More than 330 grams of crack
- Over 960 prescription medication tablets
- More than 525 methamphetamine pills
- Equipment intended for drug trafficking
- More than $3,570 in Canadian currency
- Two firearms and ammunition
- Two prohibited weapons