The Russell County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is advising residents in the Limoges area about thefts around the community.
Many of the incidents happen in the residential areas.
The thieves appear to be targeting items located in vehicles. Residents are reminded to take precautionary steps to protect their vehicles and vehicle contents from theft.
You can help prevent theft by following some crime prevention tips:
- Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
- If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
- Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.
If you see or are aware of any suspicious activity, you are asked to contact the Russell County OPP 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222- 8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.