Two people have been arrested in connection with an August assault on a Rockland youth, which left the victim with serious injuries.
On August 13, 2021, shortly after 10:15 p.m., Russell County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a 911 call on Mercury Street in Rockland. Officers located a youth with serious, but non-life threatening injuries. The victim was transported to the hospital by the Prescott-Russell Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
At the beginning of November, two individuals were arrested.
As a result of the investigation, a 38-year-old, from Rockland, was charged with:
- Assault with a weapon CC 267(a) and
- Obstruct Justice CC 139(2) (Three counts)
And a 21-year-old, from Ottawa, was charged with:
- Aggravated Assault CC 268;
- Assault with a weapon CC 267(a);
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order CC 733.1(1) (Two counts) and
- Criminal Harassment – threatening conduct CC 264(2)(d)
The accused are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in L’Orignal at a later date.
The identities of the accused cannot be released in order to protect the identity of the victim.
The Russell County OPP Detachment would like to thank members of the public and the media for their assistance and tips provided throughout this investigation.