The 40th annual Christmas Craft Sale kicks off on Saturday, November 6, at the Vankleek Hill Creating Centre – the first of six weekends of sales that will be presented by Excellent Events leading up to the holiday season.
The craft sale will be held over six weekends from November 6 until December 12. Each weekend – Saturdays and Sundays, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – will feature five different artisans – each presenting hand-made items suitable for every Christmas shopper’s gift list and budget. All of the crafts will be displayed on the ground floor of the Creating Centre.
This year’s sale is an expansion of the successful 39th annual Christmas Craft Show, which ran over five weekends at the Creating Centre in November and December of 2020. The event is normally held each year over two days on the first weekend of December at the Vankleek Hill Arena.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, organizers opted to move it to the Creating Centre for 2020 – holding smaller sales over five weekends. The popularity of last year’s event motivated the volunteers of Excellent Events to add an extra weekend for 2021.
Many of the craftsmen have been displaying their items for decades at the Christmas Craft Show in Vankleek Hill and shoppers who have been at past events will see many familiar vendors.
The event will follow all COVID-19 public health safety protocols, including hand sanitizing on entry. Masks are required inside the Creating Centre.
There is no charge for admission to the Christmas Craft Show, however attendees are encouraged to bring a donation to the Vankleek Hill Food Bank. Each vendor has also provided a gift for a raffle to benefit the food bank. Tickets for the raffle are $2 each of three for $5.
Below is the list of vendors who will be presenting their wares over the six weekends:
- November 6 & 7 – Macramé by MayKreation; books from Marc-Antoine Gagné ;quilts by Zita Burt; Garnet Millar.
- November 13 & 14 – Scarves by Les tricots de Mme Foulard; Emilie’s Candles; maple sugar from Cassburn Sweets; stained glass from Shirley Chenier; Janet Letoizel.
- November 20 & 21 – GROADesign; Bespoke Property Services (wood); sewing by Couture et Plus; scarves from les tricots de Mme Foulard; Cavagnal Woodworking; Fire Sparks Creations.
- November 27 & 28 – Xmas cookies and cakes from Two Bite Sweets; les creations de Danielle; Edna Decoste decorations; paintings by Helene Charboneau.
- December 4 & 5 – Decorations by Indigo Hill Dye Studio; Christmas cakes from Dale Garvin; wreaths by Claire Cousineau; decorations by Studio ‘R’ Crafts; Cherished Goods macramé.
- December 11 & 12 – Jewelry by Accro-Hooked; Zita Burt; Les belles bouclettes; Studio ‘R’ Crafts; scarves by les tricots de Mme Foulard.