The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) has seized illegal drugs in Hawkesbury.
On August 10, as part of an ongoing investigation, CSCU members, assisted by members of the Tactical Response Team (TRU), Emergency Response Team (ERT), the K9 unit and officers from the Hawkesbury OPP Detachment, executed a search warrant at a residence on Mary Street, in the Town of Hawkesbury.
Officers seized a quantity of suspected methamphetamine and cocaine. They also seized more than $1,000 in Canadian currency, along with other items associated with drug trafficking.
A 38-year-old man from Hawkesbury was arrested and charged under the Criminal Code (CC) and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) with;
- Possession of Methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking – CDSA 5(2)
- Fail to comply with release order – CC 145(5)(a)
A 32-year-old man from Hawkesbury, was arrested and charged under the Criminal Code (CC) and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) with;
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking – CDSA 5(2)
- Possession of methamphetamine (crystal meth) – CDSA 4(1)
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order – CC 117.01(1)
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 – CC 354(1)(a)
- Possession of methamphetamine (speed tablets) – CDSA 4(1)
Both accused were held in custody and scheduled to appear at L’Original Court of Justice on August 10, 2021