On Friday December 4, 2020 at 11:35 p.m., Hawkesbury OPP officer was conducting a general patrol in the Town of Hawkesbury, and intercepted a silver 2007 Dodge Charger on John Street.
The traffic stop resulted in locating illicit drugs inside the vehicle. The driver and the passenger were arrested and a search led to the discovery of suspected methamphetamine, cocaine, syringes with morphine, crack cocaine and other drugs with paraphernalia, as well as Canadian currency.
The 39 year-old driver and a 52 year-old passenger, both of Hawkesbury, Ontario, were arrested and charged under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act with the following sections:
– Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
– Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
– Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking- Other Drugs (2 counts)
The passenger VERNIER was also charged under the Criminal Code of Canada with the following sections:
– Resist Peace Officer
– Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000 – in Canada
– Fail to Comply with Probation Order
The accused were later released and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice located in L’Orignal on December 30, 2020.