The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) has seized illegal drugs in Fournier.
On October 27, 2020, members of the Street Crime Unit, assisted by the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT), and OPP Canine Unit, executed a search warrant at a home on County Road 10. One person was arrested in a vehicle by ERT members at another location.
Officers seized a quantity of suspected methamphetamine, cocaine and psilocybin, as well as illicit cannabis. Investigators also seized nearly $2000 in Canadian currency and other items typically associated with drug trafficking. One person was arrested at the scene.
A 36-year-old man from The Nation municipality has been charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) sec. 5(2)
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – CDSA sec. 4(1)
- Possession of a Schedule 3 Substance – CDSA sec. 4(1)
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling – Cannabis Act (CA) sec. 10(2)
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime – Criminal Code sec. 354(1)(a)
The accused has been released from custody and is scheduled to appear at Ontario Court of Justice in L’Orignal on December 16, 2020.