For Thanksgiving, the City of Clarence-Rockland would like to show its appreciation to residents for supporting
the municipality’s businesses. The pandemic has been, and continues to be, a hardship on local commerce.
Whether it’s visiting a farmer, grocery shopping, making an appointment at the hairdresser or ordering a meal at a restaurant in the community, residents are making the important choice to support local entrepreneurs on a daily basis. These actions may seem trivial but are very important for the economic vitality of the community.
In order to show its appreciation, the City of Clarence-Rockland is launching its #CRLocal campaign with a contest encouraging people to support local businesses. “Choosing to support a local business is one of the most important things to do during this pandemic. We want to see you at a restaurant, convenience store or receiving advice from a construction or accounting expert,” said Alexandra Riel, Economic Development Officer for the City of Clarence-Rockland.
The city is inviting contest participants to upload a selfie to Facebook showing them supporting a Clarence-Rockland business, tag the Cité de / City of Clarence-Rockland Facebook page using @clarencerockland. Do not forget to say which establishment you visited in addition to the hashtag #CRLocal. Every participant will receive a reusable cloth shopping bag. In addition, three randomly chosen participants will receive a gift certificate of $100 at a Clarence-
Rockland business of their choice.
Be sure to visit the city’s business directory, which can be found on the home page of www.clarence-rockland.com. Businesses are added every week.
#CRLocal Contest Rules
Contest participants must: Upload a selfie to Facebook showing themselves supporting a Clarence-Rockland business
- Tag the Cité de / City of Clarence-Rockland by using @clarencerockland, and add the hashtag #CRLocal to their post
- Three winners, chosen by random draw among the contest participants, will receive a $100 gift certificate to a Clarence-Rockland business of their choice
- Draws for the $100 gift certificates will take place on October 30, 2020, November 30, 2020, and on December 30, 2020
- Every participant gets a Clarence-Rockland reusable cloth shopping bag
- Open to anyone that visits and supports a Clarence-Rockland business in person
- Only people 18 years and over can submit a photo
- No purchase necessary
- Clarence-Rockland employees are excluded from this contest
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the City of Clarence-Rockland and not to Facebook. By
participating in this promotion, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.