Officers with the Hawkesbury Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have laid charges after a traffic complaint in Vankleek Hill.
On September 5, 2020, shortly after 10:00 p.m., officers responded to a location on Duval Road. One person was arrested at the scene.
A 42-year-old Vankleek Hill man has been charged with:
- Operation while impaired by alcohol or drugs – Criminal Code sec. 320.14(1)(a)
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act sec. 4(1)
- Driving while under suspension – Highway Traffic Act (HTA) sec. 53(1)
- Drive motor vehicle with no plates – HTA sec. 7(1)(b)(i)
- Fail to apply for a permit – HTA sec. 11(2)
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance – Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act – sec.2(1)(a)
The accused has been released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in L’Orignal on October 7, 2020.