The MRC d´Argenteuil, the Town of Lachute and the Town of Brownsburg-Chatham have announced the gradual resumption of ice sports starting August 29 at the Arena Kevin-Lowe-Pierre-Pagé in Lachute and September 8 for the Arena Gilles-Lupien in Brownsburg, in accordance with the instructions of the Directorate of Public Health.
Initially, the reopening will only be for minor hockey and figure skating. Specific measures issued by public health and included in the plans and guides of Hockey Québec and Patinage Québec will regulate the activities. These measures are as follows:
- To ensure everyone’s safety, skaters and hockey players must arrive at the arena at maximum 15 minutes before the start of their activity. Young people should be dressed in their clothing and equipment so that you only have their skates to put on once in the cloakroom, to reduce the time spent inside common areas
- A maximum number of people will be allowed in the changing rooms, depending on age
- Only one accompanying person per skater / hockey player will be authorized and physical distancing will be required in the stands
- The use of showers will not be possible
- Wearing a mask will be compulsory in the arena for anyone aged 10 or over, with the exception of skaters and hockey players during the activity on the ice
- Snack bars will be closed until further notice
The resumption of free activities and adult leagues is planned during subsequent phases of the reopening. The dates will be communicated on the various platforms of the MRC d’Argenteuil, and the towns of Lachute and Brownsburg-Chatham.